Non-Qualifying Events & Expenses
Non-Qualifying Expenses and Events
To help streamline requests, and maximize the impact of employee giving, here is a list of expenses that will not be considered for grants. This list is not exhaustive and may be updated by Family for Families at any time.
If you are unsure if your expense may or may not qualify, please contact us.
- Any loss or expense associated with the commission or attempt to commit a felony or engaging in an illegal activity
- Bail money
- College tuition/education services
- Court ordered debt
- Dental expenses
- Fines or late fees
- Legal expenses
- Loss of personal property due to robbery (i.e. jewelry, electronics)
- Medical expenses
- Personal comfort items (physical fitness equipment, TV’s, humidifier’s, radios, etc.)
- Pre-payment of rent, utility bills, auto payment, etc.
- Re-payment of government assistance (outstanding debts to Division of Employment Service, etc.)
- Re-payment of pay day or title loans
- Therapy charges (individual, marriage, family, music, reading, etc.)
- Work-related injuries or illnesses
- Vacations and related expenses
- Veterinarian bills